Pleasant Pet News is our quarterly newsletter sharing articles on various medical conditions, new programmes, events and updates. Download soft copies below or pick up your free copy at any of our 9 clinics.
jan to mar 2017
The health of our dogs and cats is sometimes compromised by bacteria, viruses and parasites which cause diseases such as kennel cough, tick fever, FIV, FeLV and cat flu. We can help prevent infectious diseases through vaccinations, parasite-control and good hygiene. Early detection and treatment give our animals the best chances of recovery.
Click to read => Pleasant Pet News Jan-Mar 2017
- Feline Upper Respiratory Tract Infections
- FIV and FeLV
- Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP)
- Preventing Tick Fever In Dogs
- Heartworm Disease In Dogs
- Canine Infectious Tracheobronchitis (Kennel Cough)
- Tetanus Or Lockjaw In Cats
- Feline Parvovirus
- Puppy Diarrhea
- Mount Pleasant Gives Back 2016
- Mount Pleasant Central (Whitley) Is Renovating
apr to jun 2017
It is estimated that 85% of all pets have periodontal disease by the time they are 3 years old. Even with regular brushing, we should be visiting our dentist every 6 months. Same for our beloved pets. Examine your pet’s teeth today and seek veterinary attention early. Prevention is always better than cure!
Click to read => Pleasant Pet News Apr-Jun 2017
- June is Pet Dental Month
- 4 Steps To Brushing Your Pet’s Teeth
- Anaesthesia And Your Pet
- Is Pre-Anaesthetic Blood Test Necessary?
- Preventive Care For Our Dogs And Cats
- Normal Vital Signs In Dogs And Cats
- Some Super Heroes Don’t Wear Capes
- Community Outreach And Events
JUL TO SEP 2017
We share advances in interventional radiology which allow vets to perform minimally-invasive procedures such as tracheal stent placement for animals with tracheal collapse. Learn some tips on bonding with our pocket pets as well as the benefits of sterilisation to prevent certain medical and behavioural issues. Sterilisation is a responsible decision to lessen the problem of pet over-population.
Click to read => Pleasant Pet News Jul-Sep 2017
- Interventional Radiology: Tracheal Stenting
- Bonding With Pocket Pets
- Diabetes Mellitus In Cats
- Flash Glucose Monitoring System
- Importance Of Sterilisation For Dogs And Cats
- Pyometra (Uterus Infection)
- Doing Good Giving Back
OCT TO DEC 2017
Skin problems can be challenging to diagnose, treat or manage. We share about the diagnostic tests and treatments available for animals suffering from skin conditions such as allergies, fungal infections, maggot wounds and hot spots. Some skin problems can also be caused by medical conditions such as hypothyroidism or hyperadrenocorticism.
Click to read => Pleasant Pet News Oct-Dec 2017
- Skin Allergies In Dogs And Cats
- What Is Veterinary Acupuncture?
- Hypothyroidism In Dogs
- Maggots In Pets
- What Are Hotspots?
- Feline Dermatophytic Pseudomycetoma
- Facial Reconstructive Surgery
- Your Dog And Cat Can Be A Life Saver
- Health And Wellness Of Pets Top Priority At Whitley Animal Medical Centre